I am a triathlete

amongst other things

I'm back

Leave a Comment
Hi all...

I am back.
I started this blog years ago and stopped.

Let me tell you about me... A little trip down memory lane.

I'm a fully qualified Level one Tennis Coach
A holder of my Certificate III and IV in Fitness and I have a Bachelor of Education. I also have had my own personal training business.

Pretty good on paper hey?

Yeah, well I am currently working in an office where I sit down all day, listen to fellow employees who carry on like school girls and do a job that I would have never imagined I would do when I was 5.  When I was 5 I wanted to be a Park Ranger, Physiotherapist, Marine Biologist or a Police officer damn it.  

It pays the bills and buys me sneakers.

Let me tell you a bit more.
I've recently become obsessed with triathlon and taken up the challenge on a couple of occasions. While I was proud as anything to finish them, I struggled through most of them, there was no technique, it wasn't a pretty sight.
But, something inside of me just wants to do more and be really good - but I'm getting older, more injured and I get a bit lazy.

So here is my journey.  In writing... losing my dignity in the process.

Ah what the fuck, here is is some more about me.
Yes, yes... I am one of those people who wants to lose more weight, I have been trying to do so for most of my teen and adult life.  With a few dips into goal weight range, I've always managed to put it back on slightly.  Enough to make me uncomfortable both physically and mentally.
I know what I have to do, but it is consistency and motivation that always get beaten up by my internal goons known as 'sweet tooth' and 'I wanna sleep in'.

I'm going to get pretty deep here too, so grab your violin.
I am also painfully shy and feel like I am being judged on a regular basis.  Those who know me will beg to differ because I like to crack jokes and have a good chat, but it is the small things that various people don't see that have affected me.  I don't think that I have reached any potential for the fear of being judged, hated and made a fool of.

Guess the what?  I'm done with making excuses.  I'm going to put myself out there, to be judged, ridiculed, laughed at, trolled, picked on, left on the rings in the Gym like the little girl on the Simpsons when Mrs Pommelhorse went home.



After doing my first 70.3 Half Iron distance in November 2016, I wanted to do better.  I wanted to improve.  I never posted my race report because I was embarrassed.  Yes, I finished with a fair bit of a buffer between the cutoff times, but I felt like a sunburnt, soggy sack of cow crap who managed to muster up a smile at the finish line despite the fact I tried to suck in my stomach, or tuck it back into my race belt.

Join me for this adventure.  It will be funny, it will be honest, it will be from the back of the pack.





Next PostNewer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment